The distance in miles that can be seen on the surface of the ocean is given by d = 1.4 *square root of h, where h is the height above the surface of the water. How many feet high above the water (to be nearest tenth) would a pirate have to climb to see 16 miles? Hi,First we divide both sides by 1.4 to get:
16/1.4 = sqrt(h)
11.429 = sqrt(h)Then we square both sides to get the answer of:
(11.429)^2 = h
h = 130.6 ft
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.