Final Project Preparation: Info for week 5 is attached belowReview the Final Project instructions in Week Five. Decide whether you will complete a research paper or a multimedia presentation. Select a topic for your Final Project from the options below, or focus on a topic of your own interest that has been cleared with the instructor.Cultural impact of a specific scientific innovation (e.g., electricity, Evolutionary theory)The impact that science has played on religion, and vice versaHow the application of science (natural magic, technology, etc.) impacted cultureAn examination of the construction of science – how have social and cultural mores influenced the practice of science? Is science socially constructed?An examination of the history of government-funded scienceAn evaluation of the debate over the role of science in public educationAn examination of how science fiction has influenced public perception of scienceAn examination of how modern science has been popularizedThen, do the following:
Justify your choice of topic and the way in which you will explore it (mediated presentation or paper) with regard to the course learning outcomes in an introductory paragraph. Develop a working draft of your introduction that includes a thesis statement.Compile an annotated bibliography of at least eight sources, five of which can be found in the Ashford Online Library, and one which is a recommended resource for this class. These sources can be journal articles, video sources, pieces of art, or other cultural works such as plays, literature, poems, or newspaper/magazine articles.The paper must be at formatted according to APA style and include a title page. For information regarding writing a thesis statement, annotated bibliographies, and APA, including samples and tutorials, visit the Ashford Writing Center within the Learning Resources tab on the left navigation toolbar.Week 5 Paper Info
To complete the following assignment, go to this weeks Final Project link in the left navigation.
Select a topic for your Final Project from the options below, or focus on a topic of your own interest that
has been cleared with the instructor.
Cultural impact of a specific scientific innovation (e.g., electricity, Evolutionary theory)
The impact that science has played on religion, and vice versa
How the application of science (natural magic, technology, etc.) impacted culture
An examination of the construction of science – how have social and cultural mores
influenced the practice of science? Is science socially constructed?
An examination of the history of government-funded science
An evaluation of the debate over the role of science in public education
An examination of how science fiction has influenced public perception of science
An examination of how modern science has been popularized
After reviewing the feedback from your Week Three assignment, complete one of the two following
projects: a thesis- driven (argumentative) paper or a 15-minute multimedia presentation that evaluates
your topic. The multimedia presentation can utilize a narrated PowerPoint uploaded to YouTube, Prezi, or
Jing (since Jing videos are limited to five minutes, this will require three, five-minute videos). If you
choose the multimedia assignment, please submit an outline of your project that includes the link to the
Completing a Multimedia Presentation
The presentation has all of the same requirements with regard to content and topics as the research
paper does, though the format is up to you. Compiling a 15-minute presentation on any topic is at least as
much work as writing a paper, and requires just as much in the way of preparation, if not more so. You
will still need to cite sources appropriately when incorporating detail from your sources. Please also note
that there will need to be a distinct beginning, middle, and end of the presentation, and your main
idea/thesis should be clearly established at the beginning of the presentation.
Multimedia technologies allow you a lot of flexibility in presenting your project, but most require a bit of
practice to really master. Familiarize yourself with whichever multimedia outlet you will use well ahead of
time so you can work out any kinks. Please note that the instructor will not be able to offer students
technical support on this project.
Completing a Research Paper
The paper must be eight to ten pages in length (excluding the title and reference pages) and formatted
according to APA style. You must use at least eight scholarly sources, at least five of which can be found
in the Ashford Online Library, and at least one of which is recommended material to support your points
(the latter two can overlap). Two articles from the popular press can be used, but the requirement of five
scholarly sources remains. Cite your sources within the text of your paper and on the reference page. For
information regarding APA, including samples and tutorials, visit the Ashford Writing Center within the
Learning Resources tab on the left navigation toolbar.
Writing the Research Paper
The Research Paper:
1. Must be eight to ten double-spaced pages in length, and formatted according to APA
style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
2. Must include a title page with the following:
o Title of paper
o Student’s name
o Course name and number
o Instructor’s name
o Date submitted
3. Must begin with an introductory paragraph that has a succinct thesis statement.
4. Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
5. Must end with a conclusion that reaffirms your thesis.
6. Must use at least eight scholarly sources, including a minimum of five from the Ashford
Online Library, and one of the recommended materials from the course.
7. Must document all sources in APA style, as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
8. Must include a separate reference page, formatted according to APA style as outlined in
the Ashford Writing Center.
Purchase answer to see full
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.