Since our projectile travels at a constant rate of 340 ft / sec in the horizontal direction, we have, using the formula D = RT, that our horizontal distance x = 340 t, giving
t = x / 340
Our above equation h(t) can now be converted into h(x), as followsh(x)=-16*(x/340)^2+340*x/340givingh(x)=-x^2/7225+xWhat is the ordered pair which constitutes the vertex of our parabolic equation h(x)?
At what distance from our firing point does our projectile reach maximum height?
What are the ordered pairs corresponding to the zeros of the above equation h(x)
(solutions to the equation -x^2/7225+x=0)?
How far does our projectile travel?The vertex of a parabola y=ax^2+bx+c is at the point x=-b/(2a). In our case we have a=-1/7225, and b=1, so the vertex is at
x=-1/(-2/7225) = 7225/2 = 3612.5ft. This is the distance from the firing point, where the projectile reaches its maximal height.To find the zeros of the function h(x), solve the equation
-x^2/7225 + x = 0
factor out x:
x(-x/7225 + 1) = 0
so x=0 or -x/7225 + 1=0, x/7225 = 1, x = 7225ft
The second number, x=7225ft is the maximal distance our projectile travels.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.