What are the educational outcomes for students with a severe and profound intellectual disability (ID)?A student is identified as severely intellectually disabled if they score between 20-35 on the a standard IQ test. If they are identified as profoundly impaired, their IQ score is below 20. The educational outcomes for such students are extremely limited. Having a successful outcome would mean their being able to live independently with some support, and being able to care for their basic needs. Other things beside IQ should be taken into consideration when teaching these students; for example, their cultural and family background, involving how much time and patience was given to them previously before coming into the teachers care.The primary educational outcome should be Communication. Most of these children will have no speaking ability or very little speech capability. One good educational tool would be to use pictures to communicate, by showing them a picture and asking them to respond to simple, yes or no questions, by answering yes or no, or just shaking and nodding their head. This would set up a Communication technique. A set of picture cue cards can be used to cover the basic wants or needs of their daily life. For example, a picture of a drink can be used with the verbal question, Are you thirsty, to which they can answer nod yes or no. If they are able to be taught to repond to cue cards in this way, that would indicate ulitmate success. The teacher may set up a rubric for other teachers to use in this way, on a 1 – 5 score. #1 would signify not being able to communicate with cue card up to # 5 which might mean able to understand a simple question about day to day basic needs without use of a cue card. In this way, teacher would be able to know the ability of each individual student they are working with and the goals are united.The Educational Outcomes would be to teach and learn the basic day to day living skills. Being able to feed oneself, being able to get ones own drink, learning the sequence of a daily routine; such as, Getting up in the morning and using the bathroom independently, knowing to brush ones teeth unassisted, being able to express hunger and thirst through the use of the picured cue cards, washing oneself, etc. Hope this helps to get you on the right track and you may add your own ideas to this.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.