Teacher Planning: Performance Task
Name: Student Teacher
Task Name: Is Your Video the Next Big Hit?
Subject and Topic: Algebra 1—Solving Equations and Inequalities in One Variable
Task Description: Create an educational video that shows viewers how to solve equations and variables in one variable.
Standards Assessed (Common Core): A-REI.3 Solve linear equations and inequalities in one variable, including equations with coefficients represented by letters.
Additional Materials Needed: Video cameras or recording devices, Video converter if needed to change format of a video source, props or environment if needed for video presentation
Performance Task Description:
· Decide what type of video you want to create
· Make a two-step equation
· Make a two-step inequality
· Make an equation with the variable, distributive property, and combining like terms on both sides of the equal sign
· Make an inequality with the variable, distributive property, and combining like terms on both sides of the inequality symbol
· Make an educational video that teaches how to solve each equation and inequality
· Save the video and upload to YouTube, email to teacher, or give to teacher on a CD or flash drive.
Include criteria for:
· Correct type of equations
· Clarity of explanation
· Use of creative visuals
· Audience appeal
· Quality of videography – camera work, sound level
Is Your Video the Next Big Hit?!
To solve linear equations and inequalities in one variable.
You are a video producer competing in a contest for production of the most outstanding math educational video that will help viewers understand how to solve linear equations and inequalities in one variable, including equations with coefficients represented by letters. To win, you must have the most creative and well-put together video that will help your viewers learn the concept.
Students enrolled in Algebra 1 in the United States.
The purpose of this video is to create an educational tool that teachers can use in the Algebra 1 classroom to help students understand how to solve linear equations and inequalities in one variable. Your first decision will be to decide what type of video you will create. You may remix the lyrics of a popular song to make a music video, spoof a television show, movie or game show, make up your own original song and record it, or do something completely creative as an educational video. Your job is to create an educational video about the Algebra 1 concept of solving equations and inequalities in one variable that could be sold to help students learn. Your video must include the two following types of equations with explanations of how to solve: 1) two-step equation, 2) multi-step equation with variable, distributive property, and combining like terms on both side
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.