Question 1:A seismograph 300 km from the epicenter of an earthquake recorded a maximum amplitude of 5.9 x 10^2 µm. Find this earthquakes magnitude on the Richter scale.Question 2:An artifact was found and tested for its carbon-14 content. If 81\% of the original carbon-14 was still present, what is its probable age (to the nearest 100 years)? Assume that carbon-14 has a half-life of 5,730 years.1. Magnitude = logA – 2.48 + 2.76logD = log(590) -2.48 + 2.76 log(300) = 7.132. Using the formula half-life t= 0.693 /k to calculate k, I then substitute this value in the equation. ln(Initial Concentration / Concentration at given time) = k x timeln(1/0.81) = k x timeSolving for time, the answer is 1700 years
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.