Is it good for elementary teachers to send home a survey with students promising that if ALL surveys are returned students can have an extra ten minutes of recess? Please explain the reasoning behind your stance.Hello and welcome to Brainmass today! You logged in and asked for help with the following: Is it good for elementary teachers to send home a survey with students promising that if ALL surveys are returned students can have an extra ten minutes of recess? Please explain the reasoning behind your stance.The subject of offering incentives for students to comply in the classroom often comes with controversy. Some people feel that this is a way to show students responsibility by rewarding them for doing what they were assigned to do. Others see it as sort of a way to unfairly bribe students into complying. Even in the professional working environment (this includes every type of job), incentives are used to motivate employees into working to their potential. In my opinion, especially in an elementary classroom, I see nothing wrong with motivating students with ten extra minutes of recess if they all bring back a survey that was sent home. Not only does this provide a motivational factor to have this survey filled out (assumingly by parents) but it gives a reward to look forward to. It also helps them to motivate each other. If a student has not returned a survey and the rest of the class has returned it, they can motivate that particular student to do so. This added bit of motivation might teach that student an additional lesson in responsibility too. If used properly, then incentives in the classroom can be a positive experience and a way to encourage students to be more responsible. Non-food incentives and rewards in the classroom. Oregon Department of Human Services-Health Services. Found June 22, 2012: http://oregonstate.edu/dept/kbrec/sites/default/files/NonFood_Rewards_Benton.pdfThank you for using Brainmass today!
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.