James is a first year English teacher in a low-income high school outside of a major metropolitan area. His students are of diverse backgrounds and equally diverse learning styles. As part of his opening unit, he is preparing to teach his class about the tools that authors use to make their writing more engaging. He decides to focus on symbolism, metaphor, and simile. He has already developed a vocabulary handout that defines each word and includes examples, but when he does an initial check for understanding he finds that most of his students are lost. Specifically, he finds that his students are having a hard time understanding what a comparison is. This makes the concepts of simile and metaphor impossible to comprehend. James decides to design a 45 minute lesson that clarifies for students what comparing is. 1. How might James structure his 45-minute lesson to include elements of visual, auditory, and kinesthetic learning?
2. What methods can James use to check for comprehension once the lesson is complete?
3. How might he follow up in ensuing class periods as a continued check of comprehension and to remediate students who may still not understand1. Using figurative language is a smart way to help students expand their writing. The challenge may be that the depth of their vocabulary and comprehension might be limited, due their environment. Offering hands-on manipulations and activities might be a useful and engaging way to start.- Including a basket of items, which engage the five senses, can be …Visual, auditory, and kinesthetic learning is discussed.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.