A market has only two sellers. They are both trying to decide on a pricing strategy. If both firms charge a high price, then each firm will experience a 5\% increase in profits. If both firms charge a low price, then each firm will experience a 3\% increase in profits. If Firm 1 charges a high price and Firm 2 charges a low price, then Firm 1 will experience a 1\% increase in profits and Firm 2 will experience a 6\% increase in profits. If Firm 2 charges a high price and Firm 1 charges a low price, then Firm 2 will experience a 2\% increase in profits and Firm 1 will experience a 7\% increase in profits. (a) Construct a payoff matrix for this game.
(b) Determine whether each firm has a dominant strategy and, if it does, identify the strategy.
(c) Determine the optimal strategy for each firm.
(d) Determine the Nash equilibrium.
(e) Is this a prisoners dilemma? How do you know? (a) The payoff matrix will be the following, where the first value is Firm 1s payoff, and the second value is Firm 2s payoff. Firm 2
High Price Low Price
High Price (5, 5) (1,6)
Low Price …Prisoners Dilemma is exemplified.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.