The passing of the Post-Katrina Emergency Management Reform Act of 2006 effectively addresses emergency relief to special populations by making many changes to the DHS-FEMA (Haddow, Bullock, & Coppola, 2014, p. 21). Per Haddow, Bullock, and Coppola in their 2014 5th edition of Introduction to Emergency Management: the act enables FEMA to organize ten regional offices along and adds a disability coordinator and regional strike teams (Haddow et al., 2014, p. 21). The act encouraged FEMA to work with other agencies to create new strategies that play a “major role in providing post disaster housing” (Haddow et al., 2014, p. 22). The changes enabled FEMA’s divisions to focus on the most realistic threats specific to their geography and the special populations in their region (Haddow et al., 2014, p. 103). The disability coordinator can focus on and assist vulnerable populations with the help of regional strike teams. The act also provides housing for evacuees, like those in the poor regions of New Orleans during Hurricane Katrina. (166 Words).References:Haddow, G. D., Bullock, J. A., & Coppola, D. P. (2014). Introduction to Emergency Management (5th ed.). Waltham, MA: Butterworth-Heinemann. IMPORTANT NOTE REGARDING WORD LIMIT REQUIREMENTS:Response postings should be between 50 and 100 words. (The List of References should not be included in the word count.) If you exceed the word limit on an assignment or if you do not meet the lower limit, your assignment will likely be returned to you for revision. There will be a 10\% loss of your score for an assignment that had to be revised because the original version exceeded or failed to meet the word limit. Respond by Day 6 Respond to the bold paragraph ABOVE by using one of the option below… in APA format with At least one reference….. include intext citations, page numbers or paragraph numbers.Ask a probing question.Share an insight from having read your colleagues posting.Offer and support an opinion.Validate an idea with your own experience.Make a suggestion.Expand on your colleagues posting.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.