The assessment phase is the last phase in the Instructional System Design (ISDM) Model. Through comparing and contrasting different assessment tools, there are various strengths and weaknesses with assessment tools. Explain the importance of knowing the strengths and weaknesses of assessment tools in the design and development phase of Instructional Design.Assessment tools are used to assess an individuals understanding of specific knowledge. While assessment tools are a good way to evaluate what the individual knows they also have their disadvantages. Understanding the strengths and weaknesses of evaluations may help in the development of instructional design. According to Clark (2010) the instructional system design model (ISDM) covers 5 phases of instruction. – Analyze – Determine why instruction is needed, what is the goal?
– Design – Determine how information will be presented to reach the goal.
– Develop – Develop a plan for presenting new information.
– Implement – Present new information based on development plan, goal.
– Evaluate – Assess how much each individual understands the new information, has the goal been met?The ISDM was developed to cover who, what, when, where, why and how of learning and can help institutions make solid decisions based on individual training needs. Gathering and analyzing group and individual performance based on the ISDM helps specify what training is required to succeed. Applying the ISDM can help ensure that instructional programs are being constantly developed in order to meet a variety of needs in an ever changing world.When designing and developing an instructional program based on the ISDM the goal is to present new information and knowledge that will help better individual performance, leading to company growth. Knowing advantages and disadvantages of assessment tools will help design and develop a program that covers the presentation of new information. This will help ensure that each individual can retain the knowledge in their own unique way. In order for evaluations to be reliable and valid the right information must be assessed. During the design and development stage the goal is determined and the plan for presenting knowledge is decided. Therefore a more accurate assessment can be developed and weaknesses of the assessment can be determined and possibly eliminated. Having a valid assessment tool leads to better inferences in the decision making process. (Lamberg, 2010) References:Clark, D., (November 16, 2010) Why Instructional System Design? http://www.nwlink.com/~donclark/hrd/sat1.html. Lamberg, C.D., (July 5, 2010) Assessment Purposes Strengths and Weaknesses, Catherines Corner. http://drlamberg.blogspot.com/2010/07/assessment-purposes-strengths-and.html. Catherines cornerThank you for using Brainmass.com!
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.