Scientists use the scientific method in preparing their experiments. In the Instructions for Various Assignments folder is a list of several very important contributions to the greater knowledge. Choose one, then go to the Discussion Board to describe for the rest of us how they used the scientific method. Include:What the problem was.
What they hypothesized.
How they designed the experiment. (Briefly)
What the results were.
What they concluded.Your response should be between 200 and 500 words. You must then respond significantly to at least one other learners post. Please try to choose one that has not already been described. I recommend that you read everyone elses so that you can get a feel for several great experiments. (40 points)What the problem was.
– The problem was the ecological impact that humans have had on the decline of fish species in freshwater ecosystems. This has been a major issue to other species as well as to fish as many species rely on fish within these waters. What they hypothesized.
– The hypothesis is mercury contamination from human activity has negatively impacted the health of fish resulting in their species loss. How they designed the experiment. (Briefly)
– The study was designed to incorporate a variety of scientific methods both qualitative and quantitative to assess the impact of human activity in general and mercury contamination in specific on declining fish species in freshwater ecosystems. Quantitative methods that entailed analyzing the data obtained from field and lab tests were used as well as qualitative methods such as interviewing Park and Recreational personnel to garner the impact on fish species. What the results were.
– The results were that human activity in relation to mercury contamination has decimated fish species in many of the great lakes. This contamination has had a negative impact on the ecology of these lakes because fish are a source of food for other species as well. What they concluded.
– The conclusion is that for fish species to revive themselves, the human impact must be lessened and mercury contamination eradicated by at least 50\% within the next 20 years for the fish to reach levels that existed some 50 years ago. It will take much longer for them to attain their accurate levels within the ecosystem.Thank you for asking BrainMass!
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.