Discuss the information on Rosas Law. Why do you think the change in terminology occurred? What are the benefits you can see because of the change in labeling from mental retardation to intellectual disability?It was on October 5, 2010 when President Obama signed Rosas Law, a legislation that requires the changing of mental retardation with intellectual disability. The outdated terms, mental retardation and mentally retarded will be replaced with individual with an intellectual disability or intellectual disability when in use at the federal health, labor policy, and education. Only the terms are changed, the rights and benefits are the same. (SF1, 2013)A year before that, the Marcelino Family, with the help of Sen. Milulksi, worked together to introduce a bill banishing the term mentally retarded. One of the children …Rosas Law is explained in the solution. The benefits of the law are examined. Why the change in terminology occurred and the benefits of changing the label from mental retardation to intellectual disabilities are determined.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.