Give a detailed overview of the EPSDT & Title V program and its benefits (http://mchb.hrsa.gov/epsdt/).
Research how your state or local area may implement this program to address health care for at-risk children (ex: Is there a mobile clinic? Does the health department conduct these visits? Can people go to the doctor of their choice?).
What types of healthcare services may be needed in communities for at-risk youth that may not be covered under the EPSDT and Title V program? Do you believe the needs of at-risk youth being met? Support your position.The Early Periodic Screening, Diagnosis, and Treatment (EPSDT) ProgramThe Early Periodic Screening, Diagnosis, and Treatment (EPSDT) Programs are the child health component of Medicaid. Its required in every state and is designed to improve the health of low-income children, by financing appropriate and necessary pediatric services. This website http://mchb.hrsa.gov/epsdt/index.html provides information about how EPSDT works with public health, families, managed care organizations, pediatricians, and other health providers.Medicaids child health component, known as the Early and Periodic Screening, Diagnosis, and Treatment (EPSDT) program has been shaped to fit the standards of pediatric care and to meet the particular physical, emotional, and developmental needs of low-income children. The purpose of the EPSDT program has been to discover, as early as possible, the ills that handicap children and to provide continuing follow up and treatment so that handicaps do not go neglected. Federal laws including statutes and regulations guidelines reinforce the mandates that Medicaid cover a very comprehensive set of benefits and services for children that differ from those of adults.Title V of the Social Security Act was enacted in 1935 as a health services safety net for all women and children. Today, the Title V Maternal and Child Health Services Block Grant continues to pursue the goal of improving the health of all mothers and children. Title V is administered by the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA). Congress enacted a number of amendments to Title V, adding requirements to work closely with and assisting Medicaid in a number of activities.Currently, the Title V law requires that state MCH programs:- Assist with coordination of EPSDT.
– Establish coordination agreements for with their State Medicaid programs.
– Provide a toll-free number for families seeking Title V or Medicaid providers.
– Provide outreach and facilitate enrollment of Medicaid eligible children and pregnant women.
– Share data collection responsibilities, particularly related to infant mortality and Medicaid.
– Provide services for children with specific health care needs and disabilities not covered by Medicaid.Federal EPSDT rules call for coordination with Title V, but in different ways than the Title V law requires coordination with Medicaid. Federal EPSDT Requirements include the following:- Establishment of written state MCH-Medicaid agreements which provide for maximum utilization of Title V-supported services and aims to improve child health status.
– Reimbursement of Title V providers for services rendered, even if such services are provided free of charge to …Here you will be provided a detailed overview of the EPSDT and Title V program. Research data was collected to address health care for at-risk children and children who may not be covered under the EPSDT.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.