Topic 1: VaccinationsYou are working in a community clinic where you have been assigned to provide measles, mumps, and rubella (MMR) vaccinations to children entering kindergarten. Your first patient is a 5-year-old female accompanied by her mother. The mother expresses to you, “while I was sitting in the waiting room, there were several other parents discussing vaccinations and how dangerous they are. After listening to the other parents, I’m now hesitant to have my daughter vaccinated because I’m fearful that something might happen. I don’t know if I should have my daughter vaccinated.”What information could you share with this parent that would educate her about the importance and the safety of vaccinations? How would you provide this information?Required ReadingIn Health Promotion Throughout the Lifespan in Nursing Practice, read:Chapter 15: “Overview of Growth and Development Framework”Chapter 16: “The Prenatal Period”Chapter 17: “The Infant”Optional Reading:Kao, B., Plante, W., & Lobato, D. (2009). The use of the impact on sibling scale with families of children with chronic illness and developmental disability. Child Care, Health and Development. 35(4), 505–509.Whitehead, D. (2011). Before the cradle and beyond the grave: A lifespan/settings-based framework for health promotion. Journal of Clinical Nursing. 20(15/16), 2183–2194.Web Resources:Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: Vaccines and Immunizations. Retrieved from http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC): Growth charts. 2011, [Online] Retrieved from www.cdc.gov/growthcharts/.Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC): Recommended immunization schedules for persons aged 0-18 years—United States, 2011. 2011. Retrieved from www.cdc.gov/vaccines/recs/schedules/child-schedule.htm#hcpCenters for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC): Use of World Health Organization and CDC growth charts for children aged 0–59 months in the United States. Retrieved from http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/rr5909a1.htm
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.