Answer the following questions and if required to do calculations please show your work:1. What is a function?2. What is a linear function?3. What form does a linear function take? (I.e., What is the standard mathematical notation of a linear function?)4. What is the formula for determining the slope of a line?5. Which of the following are functions? The last two problems, i.e., b & c, are multi part relations consider all parts when determining whether or not these relations are functions. Explain your reasoning for a, b, and c. a. f(x) = x + 3b. f(x) = 73 if x>2 otherwise f(x) = -1c. f(x) = 79if x>0 or f(x) = -9 if x<0 or f(x) = 9 or -9 if x = 06. Suppose you have a lemonade stand, and when you charge $1 per cup of lemonade you sell 48 cups. But when you raise your price to $2 you only sell 27 cups. Write an equation for the number of cups you sell as a function of the price you charge. Denote C for number of cups, and P for the price you charge. Assume the function is linear. Show your work.7. Take a look at the table below and write out an equation for f(x). Show your work.x -3 -2 1 3 4 f(x) 0 3 12 18 21 8. For each of the relationships below, explain whether you think it is best described by a linear function or a non-linear function. Explain your reasoning thoroughlya. A persons height as a function of the persons age (from age 0 to 100)b. The probability of getting into a car accident as a function of the speed at which you drivec. The time it takes you to get to work as a function the speed at which you driveComplete, Neat and Step-by-step Solutions are provided in the attached file.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.