We know that F_2[x]/(x^2 + x + 1) is a field of cardinality 4; call it F_4.
Find an irreducible quadratic f(y) [element of] F_4[y].
What is the cardinality of the finite field F_4[y]/(f(y))?
This field is isomorphic to the splitting field for x^2^n – x over F_2[x]. What is the appropriate n in this case?Show that x^4 + x^3 + x^2 + x + 1 [element of] F_2[x] is irreducible.
Find the cardinality of the field F_2[x]/(x^4 + x^3 + x^2 + x + 1).
This field is isomorphic to the splitting field for x^2^n – x over F_2[x]. What is the appropriate n in this case?Please see the attachment for complete equations.1. The elements of the finite field are 0, 1, , and , where An irreducible quadratic polynomial over is The cardinality of is is isomorphic to the splitting field of over , i.e. we have 2. To see that the polynomial is irreducible, first we show that it has no roots in . Since we have we see that neither 0 nor 1 is a root. Next we must show that is not the product of two quadratic polynomials in . Suppose it were. Then we would have whence The last of these equations implies and implies that one of a and c is 0 and the other is 1, which in turn implies , whence the second equation becomes But since we have yielding a contradiction. Thus is not the product of two quadratic polynomials, so it is irreducible.The cardinality of is K is isomorphic to the splitting field of over , i.e. we have
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.