What are there advantages and disadvantages of an elected board versus an appointed board? If so, what are they?There are indeed advantages and disadvantages of an elected board versus an appointed board, and to begin, both terms need to be defined. First, an elected board is a board in which the members are elected by the general populace. In the case of an elected board, the people of a community or locale choose the members by mass vote. The advantage of this election is that the representation on the board is determined by the people who will be served by the board. In other words, in an education example, parents of students in a school system would elect the members of the school board that would determine the status of the schools their children attend. The belief is that an elected board is more responsive to the general public and often best represents the publics views because the people elected often share traits of their constituents. People often feel that an elected board allows the general populace more of a say in decision-making. The distinct disadvantage of this form of board creation is exactly the advantage of the appointed board. The appointed board is one that is comprised of members who were appointed by the official of a jurisdiction. In terms of education, this is often the mayor of a principality. The advantage of an appointed board (and the disadvantage of an elected board) is that the members are often better qualified to fulfill their roles on the board. Mayors do not select board members based on their shared characteristics with the community at large but based on their qualifications. Therefore, often appointed boards are made up of well-educated professionals who do not approach the issues under scrutiny from a personal perspective but from a professional one. There is no definitive proof that one form of board is more effective than another; both seem to take their roles seriously and both seem to have their advantages and disadvantages.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.