As a teacher, can you help me explain such questions as:
a. How should assessments be carried out?
b. What are their purpose(s)?
c. Is one type of assessment better than another type?
d. Is standardized assessment overused or underused in schools? Please cite any references used in APA format.Thanks for getting me started on this!!I hope this helps. Thank you for using BrainMass.********************
Educational assessments1. WHAT ARE ASSESSMENTS?
An assessment is how information is collected about what people can do and what they may need help with. There are many kinds of assessment, depending on the purposes for which they are conducted. For teachers, or in school, we term it Educational Assessment.
Educational assessment is the process of documenting, usually in measurable terms, knowledge, skills, attitudes and beliefs. …(en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assessments).2. WHAT ARE THE PURPOSES OF ASSESSMENTS?Assessments in education are needed to achieve educational goals. They serve as control mechanisms by which a teacher or the school, is guided towards the attainment of the pre-set goals because assessment results shall be used as bases for evaluation in determining how far the teacher is from reaching that goal. Assessments set the focus in EducationAssessment studies may take place at the subject, department, or Institute level, and range in size and scope from a pilot study to a complex project that addresses a number of different topics, involves hundreds of students, and includes a variety of methodologies. (http://web.mit.edu/tll/assessment-evaluation/types.html)
3. WHAT ARE THE TYPES OF ASSESSMENT?
Typically, assessment efforts are divided into two types, formative or summative.(http://web.mit.edu/tll/assessment-evaluation/types.html)
Formative assessment implies that the results will be used in the formation and revision process of an educational effort. Formative assessments are used in the improvement of educational programs. This type of assessment is the most common form of assessment in higher education. Since educators are …Definition of Assessment specifically, Educational Assessments, the types of assessments, various methods of assessment and the purposes of assessment. It includes a discussion on whether one type of assessment is better than the other, and whether standardized assessment is overused or underused in schools.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.