No organization functions without the leadership of people and management of resources. How well these two tasks are accomplished defines the organization’s success. In essence, a manager’s job is to plan, organize, and coordinate, while a leader’s job is to inspire and motivate. In his 1989 book, On Becoming a Leader, Warren Bennis composed a list of the differences:The manager administers; the leader innovates.The manager maintains; the leader develops.The manager focuses on systems and structure; the leader focuses on ideas and people.The manager asks how and when; the leader asks what and why.The manager has his or her eye always on the bottom line; the leader’s eye is on the horizon.The manager imitates; the leader originates.The manager does things right; the leader does the right thing (Bennis, 1989, p. 34).Week 3 Assignment: Distinguish Leadership in Healthcare OrganizationsActivity Description
To prepare for this assignment, assume you are submitting a scholarly article to a healthcare management journal for peer review and publication. Draft an article for the publication that distinguishes differences between leadership and management in planning for the future in healthcare organizations. Be sure to include the following:Identify the key differences between managers and leaders and the importance of each role.Explain how these differences impact healthcare planning.Determine the consequences of not having leadership in place.Support your article with a minimum of five scholarly resources. In addition to these specified resources, other appropriate scholarly resources, including older articles, may be included.Length: 5-7 pages, not including title and reference pages, APA formatting, scholarly peer reviewed references within the last five (5) years
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.