Topic 1: NutritionNurses engaging in nutrition counseling should become familiar with People 2020 and Dietary Guidelines 2010 nutrition objectives, the most current diet recommendations to reduce the risks of developing nutrition-related diseases, FDA regulations for food labeling, government nutrition assistance programs for the economically disadvantaged and older Americans, and primary and secondary prevention strategies related to the most common nutrition-related chronic diseases.How would you advise people to eat healthy on a budget? How would you respond to patients whose financial restraints limit their access to food?Topic 2For this Assignment, you will write a 2-3 page paper related to the following scenario:
Mr. Jones is a 42-year-old male recently diagnosed with type II diabetes. Mr. Jones also
has a 5-year history of hypertension which is currently well controlled with Lisinopril 10
mg QD. Today during his checkup visit you have started him on metformin 500 mg, and
you advised him that he needs to start a diet and exercise program.
You will need to plan a one-month diet and exercise program for Mr. Jones, followed
with an evaluation visit with you to check on his progress at the end of the 30 days.
Please discuss in your paper how you will approach designing a plan for Mr. Jones. List
your goals for Mr. Jones.
This paper is to be 2 to 3 pages in length, excluding your title page and your reference
page. The document should be in appropriate 6th edition APA format.Required Readings/ActivitiesIn Health Promotion Throughout the Lifespan in Nursing Practice, read:Chapter 11: “Nutrition Counseling for Health Promotion”Chapter 12: “Exercise”Chapter 13: “Stress Management”Optional ReadingsChudyk, A., Patrella, R.J.(2011). Effects of exercise on cardiovascular risk factors in type 2 diabetes. A meta-analysis. Diabetes Care. 34(5), 1228–1237.Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC): Adult obesity fact sheet, 2011. 2011, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA, Retrieved January 4, 2012, from www.cdc.gov/obesity/data/adult.html.Food Research and Action Center (FRAC): A half-empty plate: fruit and vegetable affordability and access challenges in America. 2011, Retrieved from http://frac.org/pdf/half_empty_plate_dec2011.pdf.Flegal, K.M., Carroll, M.D., Ogden, C.L., et al. (1999–2008). Prevalence and trends in obesity among U.S. adults. Journal of the American Medical Association. 307(5), 2010, 491–497.Barer-Stein, T.(1979). Multiculturalism and nutrition counselling. Journal of the Canadian Dietetic Association. 40(2), 112–116.Adams, T.B., Moore, M.T., & Dye, J. (2007). The relationship between physical activity and mental health in a national sample of college females. Women & Health. 45(1), 69–85.Web ResourcesU.S. Department of Health and Human Services: 2020 topics and objectives. 2011, Retrieved from www.healthypeople.gov/2020/topicsobjectives2020/default.aspx.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.