Evidence…is what answers the question, “How do you know?” or “What do you have to
go on?” when a person makes a claim and the claim is then called into question. ..the
evidence needs to be agreed to by all of the participants, so that it’s a secure starting point
of the dispute…If it’s contested, discussion of the claim stops until the adequacy of the
evidence is established…Settling the matter when evidence is in dispute requires a
separate argument in which the original evidence now functions as the claim to be
established… To set our standard for acceptability of evidence we must ask, what would a critical
audience—an audience that’s reasoning and thinking critically—be likely to
accept?1 Three main types of evidence
Individual instances that are intended to demonstrate a larger point. They can be
developed into a narrative or could be one sentence. Statistics In short, this refers to numeric data. There are three main types of statistics: Raw numbers: numbers that have not been analyzed at all. For instance, “over
4,400 U.S. soldiers died in Iraq between 2003 and 2012.” Statistics refined by some analysis: things like percentages and ratios. For
instance, “55 percent of baby boomer are planning to retire before they reach the
normal retirement age.” Rate of change: rates and probability. For instance, “the city of Las Vegas is
gaining 20,000 new people per day” (rate of change) or “these results are
significant at the .05 level, meaning that if we did this experiment over and over
again, 95 percent of the time we would not get this result be chance.” Appeals to authority
We did an exercise on this. It essentially refers to using, as evidence, the opinion of a
someone qualified to speak on the subject. Example: “Joe Smith, a highly-respected
dentist, says Bright Smile toothpaste is the most effective at fighting plaque build-up.” Directions: Create (or make up) one example of each type of evidence that would support
each claim. Your goal is to demonstrate your understanding of each type of evidence. Your
answer for each doesn’t need to be more than a couple sentences. You may number your
responses. The more video games children play, the more violent they will become.
Anecdotes/examples 2. Statistics3. Appeal of AuthorityTexting messes up ur grammar4. Anecdotes/examples5. Statistics6. Appeal of AuthorityStudying a foreign language gives children a greater command of their native language. 7. Anecdotes/examples8. Statistics9. Appeal of authorit
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.