Print out the Chemistry Experiment directions AND the Chemistry Experiment Lab Report.Make sure you have all of the necessary supplies on hand before you begin. This is a really fun kitchen chemistry experiment that your kids, grandkids, nieces, and nephews might enjoy helping you with. So round them up or if you really like your neighbors kids ask them and have some FUN!This lab is designed to give you a glimpse into the world of chemistry and chemical reactions….you will also practice using the scientific method.When you are finished, complete the lab report and click on the assignment icon to attach and submit your report.The fun and exciting kitchen chemistry project that is easily replicated by children, parents, and grandparents that will be conducted is the baking soda and vinegar volcano. This is the Lab Report on how the experiment was conducted.The baking soda and vinegar volcanoIntroduction / PurposeThe purpose of this experiment was to learn more about chemistry through a fun and easy approach that incorporated many household kitchen ingredients into the experiment to teach about the different chemical reactions within chemistry. MaterialsThe materials that were used for this experiment included 6 cups flour, •2 cups salt, •4 tablespoons cooking oil, •warm water, •plastic soda bottle, •dishwashing detergent, •food coloring, •vinegar, •baking dish or other pan,•2 T baking soda. These were then mixed and used to create the chemical reaction that emulates an erupting volcano. Methods1. The first step is to create a cone of the baking soda volcano by mixing 6 cups of flour, 2 cups of slat, 4 T-spoons of cooking oil, and finally 2 more cups of water. After mixing these ingredients, the student should have a mixture thats smooth and firm, but if it isnt the student can add more water.
2. The student should next stand the soda bottle by placing it within the baking pan to allow the moulding of the dough around the soda bottle to make it a volcano shape. The student should take precaution to avoid covering the hole or dropping any dough into the hole.
3. The student should subsequently fill the bottle with warm water and red food coloring.
4. Adding 6 drops of detergent to the bottles contents is imperative because it traps the bubbles to ensure that the reaction gives a lava flow that is equivalent to a volcano.
5. The final two steps involving adding 2 teaspoons of baking soda to the liquid and slowing pouring vinegar into the bottle to create an eruption. ResultsCool Red Lava that results from a chemical reaction between baking soda and vinegar will flow from the bottle in the same way that a volcano eruption would have lava flows. This reaction creates the chemical carbon dioxide, which is the actual gas produced when active volcanos erupt. The impetus behind the eruption is the carbon dioxide gas that builds up through pressure within the plastic bottle until the carbon dioxide bubbles as a result of the detergent giving the impression of an eruption.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.