Unit Warm-Up Journal: Probability ActivityFor this activity, you will need the following materials:an 8 ½ inch x 11 inch sheet of papera pencil and pencil sharpenera dimea geometry compass or set of cylindrical objects with diameters of approximately 2 inches, 4 inches and 8 inches to tracetapeFollow these steps:Place the paper on the floor and trace the dime onto the center of the paper.Use a compass or set of circular objects to trace three additional circles around the dime. Make the circles 1, 2 and 4 inches in radius from the dime’s center. Tape the paper to the floor.Hold the pencil, sharpened tip down, about 6 feet above the dime. Drop the pencil onto the paper. Repeat this procedure 99 more times. Keep track of the number of times that the pencil hits the dime directly.Once you have recorded 100, count the total number of pencil marks within the dime’s area and within each circular band of the target. (You may wish to circle each mark once you have counted it to help you keep an accurate count.)Write down your observations in your journal and answer the questions there. If you need help inserting images (sketched responses) into the journal, please see the inserting images document. Please post your journal entry to the Journal: Probability Activity assignment link. For information on how this assignment will be graded, please view the journal rubric.As you progress through the unit, be on the lookout for how similar experiments throughout history have provided indirect but clear evidence about atomic structure.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.