Consider the importance of using a variety of assessments in the teaching of reading.Create a chart that identifies various types of informal, formal, formative, and summative assessments (e.g., DRA, running records, DIBELS, etc.) used to assess childrens reading abilities.Compare and contrast a minimum of five assessments.Use peer-reviewed articles and/or other research-based internet sites in support of your content.Hello;Lets approach this by looking at each of the four types of assessments. For each, I will give you brief notes to refresh your memory about the purpose behind each type of assessment, followed by a few examples for each. You can then easily create a chart comparing and contrasting the four types of assessments using those notes.Lets begin:INFORMAL ASSESSMENTInformal assessments are based more on observation by the teacher than actual worked performed by the student. When conducting an informal assessment, the teacher is making a judgment about the students behavior and what they learned in a given unit. Examples are observations, checklists, or organizing portfolios to demonstrate student achievement from the beginning to end of the year.a) Example 1: An observation where you watch children playing in a systematic manner. The purpose of this is to identify the behaviors that the student acts out and how they make and carry out the decision making process.
b) Example 2: Keep a Running Record where the teacher records a sequence of events that occur over a set time period. This type of assessment helps the teacher to gain more detailed insight into the behavior of a student over an extended period of time.
c) Example 3: Keep a Rating Scale that contains a …This solution discusses informal assessment, formal assessment, formative assessment and summative assessment in 832 words.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.