Topic 1: Eating disordersResearch eating disorders online (there are many videos available, try to watch one or several), and then discuss what you feel would be appropriate interventions for adolescents suspected of having an eating disorder. How would you as an advanced practice nurse initiate conversations with adolescents about this issue?Required ReadingIn Health Promotion Throughout the Lifespan in Nursing Practice, read:Chapter 18:”Toddler”Chapter 19: “Preschool child”Chapter 20: “School -Age child”Chapter 21: “Adolescent”Optional ReadingAmerican Academy of Pediatrics (AAP): Policy statement: Media use by children younger than 2 years. Council on Communication and Media. Pediatrics. 128(5), 2011, 1040–1045.American Academy of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry: Facts for families: Obesity in children and teens. 2011, [Online]. Retrieved March 30, 2015, fromhttp://www.aacap.org/AACAP/Families_and_Youth/Facts_for_Families/Facts_for_Families_Pages/Obesity_In_Children_And_Teens_79.aspx.Bower, J.K., Hales, D.P., Tate, D.F., Rubin, D.A., Benjamin, S.E., & Ward, D.S. (2008). The childcare environment and children’s physical activity [Abstract]. American Journal of PreventiveMedicine. 34(1), 23–29.Herman-Giddens, M., & Kaplowitz, P.B. (2010). Sexual maturity stage. In Performing preventive services. A bright futures handbook. 2010, American Academy of Pediatrics, Elk Grove, IL, Retrieved from http://brightfutures.aap.org/pdfs/Preventive\%20Services\%20PDFs/Physical\%20Examination.PDF.Adams, N. (2012). How TV violence affects kids. Retrieved from http://www.livestrong.com/article/221006-how-tv-violence-affects-kids/.Bagnato, S.J., McLean, M., Macy, M., & Neisworth, J.L. (2011). Identifying instructional targets for early childhood via authentic assessment: Alignment of professional standards and practice-based evidence. Journal of Early Intervention. 33(4), 243–253.Kelly-Weeder, S. (2011), Binge drinking and disordered eating in college students. Journal of the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners. 2(1), 33–41.Web ResourcesAgency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ): Helping smokers quit: http://www.ahrq.gov/professionals/clinicians-providers/guidelines-recommendations/tobacco/clinicians/references/clinhlpsmkqt/American Academy of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry (AACAP): Teenagers with eating disorders. Facts for families (no. 2). 2008, Author, Washington, DC, Retrieved from www.aacap.org/cs/root/facts_for_families/teenagers_with_eating_disorders.Growth charts: CDC and WHO: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Retrieved from www.cdc.gov/growthchartsCenters for Disease Control and Prevention: Immunization schedules. 2011. Retrieved from www.cdc.gov/vaccines/recs/schedules/default.htm#child.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.