How might the adult phase theory affect your practice as a facilitator of adult learning? (Consider your current age as an instructor working with a different age group.) I am also having difficulty finding references for the adult phase theory.Welcome to BM! Please rate 5/5 for my 200 words of notes and reference. Thank you so much for using BrainMass.com!As you briefly examine how might the adult phase theory affect your practice as a facilitator of adult learning, this theory warrants that I need to be flexible in my delivery, objectives, and expectations for adult learners. As Levinson insists in this theory that an underlying order exists in the life course for adults, I need to be aware that differentiate of my content is necessary as an instructor to accommodate for the varying stages that many adult learners will display. Like a ladder, they may be at drastically different stages. I also need to ensure that I scaffold my contact since this theory reiterates how the tasks of one period are not better or more advanced than those of another, except in the general sense that each period builds upon the work of earlier ones and represents a later phase in the cycle (http://www.leadershipreview.org/2009winter/article1.pdf).Other than scaffolding, this theory also encourage me to realize and embrace the differences among adult learners since …the way an individual responds to a particular program strategy may depend upon the stage or season that person is in and how he or she is dealing with its associated challenges. Someone who is in Levinsons entering the adult world stage, for example, is more likely to look to program leaders as potential mentors, while those who are in midlife transition are more likely to want a program that will help them reflect on where theyve been and where they want to go next (http://www.leadershipreview.org/2009winter/article1.pdf). As you consider your current age as an instructor working with a different age group, as a younger teacher when I entered the profession and one who often looks younger than she really is, I feel like this fact could make it harder for some adults to gain trust, depending on their life circumstances and their current stage, as the theorists suggest.Patience and empathy will also be key since research emphasizes that some individuals may be stuck at a particular stage and may need help working through that stage before they are able to learn anything new very effectively (http://www.leadershipreview.org/2009winter/article1.pdf). Thus, I will need to serve as a mentor and adviser to connect with them and establish rapport.References:http://www.leadershipreview.org/2009winter/article1.pdf
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.